When your Bosch washing machine has detected a blockage in the filter, or a blockage or kink in the cold water inlet hose, it will display an E18 error and the washing machine will not start or continue a wash cycle. Luckily an E18 error is something that can be resolved quickly and easily, and below you can find information and an instructional video on how to do this so that you can get your washing machine up and running as soon as possible.
How to resolve an E18 error
1. Switch off the appliance and disconnect the power plug.
2. Drain the water from the service pump.
3. Unscrew the pump cover and pull it out.
4. Remove any small items that are blocking the filter and pump.
Have you checked the drain hose?
An E18 error can also be caused by a blocked or kinked drain hose, so you should also check this using the 3 steps below. Please refer to the video above if you are unsure.
1. Loosen the hose clamp and carefully remove the drainage hose.
2. Clean the drain hose and siphon connecting piece.
3. Reattach the drain hose and secure the connection using the hose clamp.
Need further assistance?
If you have followed all of the instructions above and the E18 error still remains, we would advise you to book a Bosch engineer to inspect and repair your washing machine. You can book a repair online quickly and easily by using our online booking system, click the link below to get started.